Full Stack Developer (Mid-Senior)
Dharma.ai is the world’s first global impact database company. We help organizations of all shapes and sizes manage their data to gain actionable insight for data-driven decisions, to communicate results and prove impact in real time. Using Dharma.ai social entrepreneurs, NGOs, government funders, foundations, and social enterprises get an enterprise-grade platform to master all of their data, tying together activities at the field level to operational decisions and outputs at the program level, and impact outcomes at the global level. Dharma brings these stakeholders together, from the frontline to headquarters to investors, enabling dialogue that was never before possible. Most importantly, Dharma.ai does the hard work of wrangling data so that you can do what you do best.
We’re looking for an experienced developer who can help us build and continue to advance Dharma, a software platform developed for collecting, sharing, and analyzing data in the most difficult settings on earth. Our platform is designed to be accessible to users with little to no technical knowledge, and we need someone who can work with us to create and code a user experience that’s simple, reliable, and fast.
Dharma has both a web portal and a cross-platform, online/offline mobile app. You’ll be working across our technology from our web and mobile user interfaces through to our data storage.
**This position is on site at our office in Washington, DC. Remote candidates will not be considered. US work authorization is required.**
Required Skills• 1-4 years of Full Stack experience
• In-depth familiarity with HTML and CSS
• Ability to implement features end-to-end (including database / storage, server side, and user facing / client side)
• Detailed understanding of data structures and common algorithms (for example maps, classes, hashing, and recursion)
• Familiarity with POSIX compliant systems (Linux, Unix, etc.) and experience with its standard inspection and troubleshooting tools
• Skilled at debugging and troubleshooting production systems
• Understanding of profiling and optimization techniques
• Committed to building high quality code and an excellent user experience
• Comfort collaborating with non-technical colleagues, including customer support, sales, and occasionally directly with clients
Desirable Additional Skills
• Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
• Previous experience maintaining and extending existing complex code bases
• Expert in methods and tools for quality (code reviews, standards, automated testing, and documentation)
• Experience with relational database design, SQL, and query optimization
• Understanding of internet and web infrastructure and protocols (for example HTTP, load balancing, latency, and bandwidth)
• Experience with Google Cloud Platform, AWS, or other cloud provider services
• Mobile development on Android and/or iOS
• Open source contributions
• Distributed system design and development using microservices
• Design and maintenance of network accessible APIs (for example REST)
Dharma.ai is the world’s first global impact database. Based in Washington, DC with offices in London and Bangalore, Dharma.ai’s SaaS enables individuals and organizations working in an impact context to accomplish their mission and prove their results with unprecedented speed. Dharma.ai works with groups at all levels of the global impact sector, including some of the world’s most influential global organizations and has been featured in Nature, National Geographic, TechCrunch, and Scientific American.